Monday, August 24, 2020

New week: fires, baby sleep, cooking

Today wasn't particularly exciting, which is fine by me. Baby Y was up for two hours in the middle of the night (well, early morning) after a feeding, and that wasn't fun. He was just looking around curiously for some of it. Very cute, but NOT AT 1AM, Baby Y! 

The fires are still...going. The air quality was bad around here for most of the day, but lightened in the afternoon, so I took advantage and went for a short run. Before that, I spent most of the day getting Baby to sleep. Not sure how many short naps he took, but it was at least five. Probably more. 

Reading:

- "All I Did Was Ask" by Terry Gross. I haven't heard any of the interviews printed in the book, so I may go back and listen to at least some of them. I think that hearing them is a richer experience than reading them, but you probably remember them better after reading. 

- Just started "So Good They Can't Ignore You" by Cal Newport. It's a quick read, and I buy into his argument so far.

Cooking:

- I made a simple tahini sauce yesterday in a nod to my husband's Israeli heritage, and today I mixed it with some shredded green cabbage for a really simple cabbage salad.

- For breakfast I had a HUGE oat smoothie. Blended Vegan Overnight Oats with some almond butter and a little mango for sweetness. It was good, but I had some indigestion afterwards. Will go easy on it tomorrow.

Now O has the baby in the carrier and I gotta pick up Y and start the evening routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment