Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Beach tent and managing my thinking


Just some random updates for today:
  • I bought a beach tent on Amazon. I'm not sure if we really NEED it, but I justified it by saying that we have to go to beaches and parks a lot due to COVID, and that my fair-skinned self and children need shade, especially the baby. We tried it out in the communal "front yard" of our apartment building yesterday, and M approved heartily. This morning she asked about setting it up again.
  • The wildfires seem to be more contained, and the air quality today has been better than the last few days. Lots more green and yellow on that map. Thank you, Cal Fire!!!!!!! 
  • Not that we can forget about climate change and natural disasters, with Hurricane Laura making headlines and causing evacuations.
  • I am trying to learn to be OK with being tired. I hate being tired and I obsess about it, which causes all sorts of negative emotions. But there's not a lot I can do about it at this point, given that I have a newborn who's not an amazing sleeper. I wonder if the current popular narrative about "the dangers of not sleeping enough", "sleep debt", etc. is a bit too extreme. I would imagine that our minds and bodies evolved to withstand prolonged periods of sleeplessness. Need to do some research on that. 
  • Random food update: I recently began sauteing green beans instead of steaming them, and they taste so much better that way! We are having green beans, tofu and rice for dinner today.

No comments:

Post a Comment