Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Mills Canyon - Baby's first hike



Today Baby Y and I hiked in Mills Canyon in Burlingame. And by "we hiked" I mean that I got super sweaty hauling him in the Ergo. Especially because I walked to the trailhead from my house in the warm August sun. Working on those buns of steel. Anyway, I think he liked it!

Leaves of three - let them be!




Overlook with SF bay views


Much of the hike was shaded, which was key. I would really like to get better at identifying plants and animals while hiking, but all I can say that I saw a LOT of poison oak and a lot of lizards. 

M has a "5-day weekend" starting tomorrow (due to administrative preschool closure) so we might try to hike this as a family. It's a 1.4-mile loop, but we will attempt to shorten it so that M can do the whole thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment