Friday, May 24, 2024

Friday off: spinning, errands and lunch date

                                                   


 My company had the day off for the long weekend. I was woken up at 6:20am by my 6-year-old daughter, who needed urgent help with assembling a parting gift for her favorite teacher in her aftercare program (who I had never heard mentioned before, by the way). Apparently, today was this teacher's last day. Because I didn't want M to make a ton of noise and wake up her brother, I immediately proceeded to wrap up the following: a kids' sleep mask (which appears to fit me), a small cute Rifle Paper notebook, and a couple of tsotchkes, one random, the other handmade by M. There was also talk of giving her a used folder (which I may have owned since college!) and some random sticker, but I said no more. 

After that, I did a 30-minute stationary bike workout on our patio with my favorite Apple Fitness trainer, Bakari Williams. I also like his HIIT workouts. 

After that, I helped get the kids off to school, got ready, puttered around the house organizing things, had coffee/breakfast and wrote in my journal. Then I did a bit of work-related reading - something that I don't have time to do during regular workweeks, and that can make me a lot more effective, since I still have a LOT to learn about the domain (IT service and operations software) that I'm marketing. 

Then, I got ready to run some errands and meet a friend for lunch. 

         

I wore my Mother jeans, my Adidas samba sneakers, and a random fuzzy zip-up that I bought from a thrift store back in January. 

I returned almost $1,000 of clothes to Nordstrom, dropped off some things at Goodwill (felt so good!) and ate a delicious Poke bowl.

Then I came home and did some random research of running vacations (maybe for next year, we'll see). And some more puttering and tidying. Also sent out some birthday invitations for the kids' upcoming parties. 

Now it's almost 5, and it's time to take M to her last ballet class of the season!


No comments:

Post a Comment