Sunday, March 15, 2020

Weekend recap




On Friday night, we received notice that M's preschool will be closing for three weeks (at least). So we decided to drive down to Los Angeles to spend some time with my in-laws. They both still work, but my mother-in-law is working from home, and at least this way O and I can put in a few hours of work a day (morning, dinnertime, etc.) and get a few breaks. Plus, they have a backyard where M can play outside, including a covered porch, which is great since it'll be raining on and off.

We spent Saturday taking M outside (in the rain!) and packing for our trip. O took M out for a couple of hours while I did a spin/strength workout at home, ran some laundry, etc. I briefly napped in her room after putting her down. After nap, I took her out and she really enjoyed playing in a puddle.

This morning we got up around 6-6:30, worked out (I did a very short but intense spin workout and then went out for a walk/jog, though the jog part was less than 0.5 miles and kind of painful). Then we finished packing. Packing took about 1.5 more hours than expected - we had a ton of food in our fridge from Friday's shopping trip (in anticipation of crowded stores this weekend), so wanted to bring that down to avoid wasting it. Thankfully M played independently and adorably most of the time.

We headed out a bit after 10:30. The freeways were clear - nothing like a pandemic to make a drive to LA super easy. We made a couple of long-ish bathroom stops, and still made it before 5pm. M did really well despite the long drive and very little screen time. She napped for less than 30 minutes though...oh well. Now my MIL is prepping dinner, O and M and are reading, and I'm looking forward to maybe a bit of relaxation time before bed...unless I just crash at 8:30. All in all, I am reminding myself that we are extremely lucky to be able to have this very comfortable "alternative arrangement" during a truly crazy and disturbing time. Oh, and my digestive system wasn't totally miserable today, so that was very nice, too.

Random photo from earlier this week, from an early evening scooter ride

No comments:

Post a Comment