Sunday, March 8, 2020

Saturday - Rain and Coronavirus



We finally received some rain here in the Bay Area today. While I was LOVING the warm and sunny weather the last few weeks (I mean, I went for a walk in shorts and a tank top on Wednesday) the lack of rain was worrisome for snowpack and wildfire reasons.

That said, a rainy weekend with a toddler AND a developing Coronavirus epidemic is not easy. We are avoiding taking her to indoor spaces. I also have been a bit sick and coughing (no fever, thankfully) for about a week, and still have a cough, so I don't want to go to public places, either. Which means no friends' houses, no workout classes, etc.

This morning we went for a walk outside in the drizzle. It wasn't very cold, and not pouring. O and I were proud of ourselves for getting our kid out despite our discomfort. I walked with them for a bit, then went home to try and work out, but they returned not too long after me, I guess M got tired and there was no stroller. She demanded avocado toast, then we "exercised" together for a while, and eventually she went down for a nap. It's 2:20pm and I'm full from a very large grilled panini sandwich - the man at the deli very kindly microwaved the ham AND grilled the sandwich for me. Going to lie down and read for a bit. Maybe nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment