Saturday, March 21, 2020

One week down, ?? to go

Afternoon walk in LA

We've been staying with my in-laws for about a week now. It's been going as well as it could, given the situation. Everybody is getting along. M is happy and excited to have so much adult attention. O and I are taking turns watching her and working, and my MIL has been watching her A LOT. Hours and hours of help that we wouldn't have if we stayed home. So that's been truly amazing.

I have continued to feel like #&%$ a lot of the time...still mild but ongoing nausea, heartburn, a lingering respiratory infection from two weeks ago - maybe it's COVID-19, but who the hell knows, and I won't be able to get tested! I'm exhausted about 80% of the time, and tired the other 20%. And I'm sleeping about 8 hours a night, plus taking naps most days. Today I napped for almost two hours. It kind of helped.

The local 7-Eleven has a mini Beer Pong section!


That said, I've been pretty good about reminding myself to be grateful for the many many things I have:

  • Lots of family time and family support
  • Early morning yoga (using the YogaDownload.com podcast)
  • Morning walks/jogs
  • My boss and my company being really understanding. Definitely not as productive as I normally am or as I have set out in my goals
  • Regular walks with O. Today we went on a hike in Griffith Park, and it was great to get out into some nature and spend time together
  • Spring weather. It's been raining a bunch, but also some really nice sunny mornings, and in a week or so it seems like it will get a lot warmer here!
I think the gratitude helps me keep from falling apart. Though I can't guarantee that won't happen during this time. 
My MIL playing with M on the porch

I think I will look back on at least some of this time with fondness. And at least the pregnancy part of it will come to an end in three months, not sure about the pandemic part. Then we'll have a whole new crazy challenge...but I just can't think about that right now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment