Saturday, March 14, 2020

Pregnancy update - almost 26 weeks

There is very little I enjoy about being pregnant. Aside from knowing that it will hopefully lead to the appearance of an adorable little human who makes my life fuller and makes my heart explode with love and tenderness...just like my other little human does. Not a small thing.

That said, there is a few "small things" that feel very big now and make me feel frustrated, dejected and downright depressed a lot of the time.

  • I still have some low-level nausea these days, plus acid reflux and other hard-to-describe abdominal discomfort. My digestive system never really feels OK. Some parts of the day are better, some parts are worse. But it's very noticeable and relentless. This is by far the worst part of the whole experience.
  • Also, I've read all about this "surge of energy" that comes during the second trimester, but I have not been blessed by such a surge. I feel like I need at least 9 hours of sleep a day, lots of coffee (a problem when pregnant), and am keeling over with exhaustion by 6pm unless I nap. Which is hard with a full-time job and with a toddler.
  • On the positive side, the various aches and pains I was experiencing at this time during the last pregnancy are more mild this time. I don't have much symphysis pubis dysfunction symptoms this time - they began at about 15 weeks last time. I'm even still able to jog a few days a week, which feels like such a treat this time! 
How am I coping with this? 
  • Exercise
  • Therapy every other week
  • Meditation (just started about a week ago)
  • Positive self-talk? Sort of. 
  • Reminding myself that I've already made it pretty far and that I will be done in just a few months, hopefully to NEVER do this again!
  • Trying to take it one day at a time. Occasionally I even succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment