Saturday, March 28, 2020

Easy Saturday

Virtual circle time on weekdays

It's Saturday. We made it to the weekend. Thank goodness we are with family and not stuck at home right now. Today I was able to sleep till 7, take a nap, not have to cook or clean much at all, and go for a solo walk and journal for a bit. And I'm still struggling!!

I was mostly staying away from the news for a few days, but ended up spending an hour online today and just lost it. I'm sad about my own situation, I'm sad about the situations of others who have it a lot worse, I'm sad about the underlying problems in our country and in our society that have both aided this crisis and that are being exposed by it. I also feel powerless to change any of it. I can't be un-pregnant right now. I can't hire an au-pair. I can't wave a magic wand and overhaul the healthcare system in this country. All I can do is just keep checking off each day and hope that this experience will somehow make me stronger in the end. Unfortunately, I don't have the same hope for our country, particularly after having read this article.

Other notes and updates:

  • O and I went for a walk around Toluca Lake, a very nice nearby neighborhood. I look forward to taking M there during the week since they closed the parks and beaches in LA until April 19th, and we will need a change of scenery.
  • I have had less than one cup of coffee today and survived. Really trying to cut down my consumption because I feel like drinking more doesn't really help anything, and it's just an emotional crutch.
  • Caught up with a couple of friends by phone and text.
  • Received a couple of t-shirts from Nordstrom. I'm a big fan of these, my older ones are looking pretty sad now, and they are fairly long, so I'm hoping I can wear them until the end of pregnancy.
  • Ate a yummy chicken dinner cooked by my MIL. I'm so glad I don't have to cook a lot right now.
  • Borrowed and downloaded Celine via my beloved Libby app, on recommendation from one of my favorite bloggers. Hopefully it provides a much needed escape! I'm not particularly interested in watching TV these days, for some reason. I have been getting through The Wire for the last several months, but I need something more uplifting these days, and I haven't found it.
From a Griffith Park outing earlier this week. It'll be off limits for the next few weeks :(



No comments:

Post a Comment