Friday, May 21, 2021

Vaccinated

Finally got my second COVID shot yesterday. I got it at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, and, apparently, that site set the world record for the most vaccines administered in one day. It definitely felt momentous and special both times. I also felt weird yesterday because I got somewhere between 5 and 6 hours of sleep the night before (thanks, Baby Y!) I guess I'll be feeling much more relieved in two weeks, though it's been a gradual process, much like for everyone, I assume. First, my mother - a physician - got vaccinated. Then the kids' teachers - that was a big one. Then just lots of people around us, which made me feel more relaxed while out. And seeing the case and death instances drop has brought the most reassurance. I will continue to wear a mask indoors, but can finally stop wearing the N95, which I do find annoying. I hope that people are required to wear masks on public transit and on airplanes permanently - it would be such a boon during cold and flu season! I woke up with body aches in the middle of the night, popped some Advil, and eventually fell back asleep. Then was woken up by the baby around 5:30am, but he appears to be trying to go back to sleep, as well. I feel a little heavy and a bit weak, but, honestly, I don't know if that's the vaccine reaction or just a side effect of having little kids. I'm planning to work today, but may also just take it easy and read. Maybe run some errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment