Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Parenting and accomplishment





I love achieving goals and crossing tasks off a list. I love to see tangible results of my effort, even if the results are questionable in value (like a sent email). However raising little humans, particularly newborns, often doesn't lend itself to neat bullet journal collections or project management software. The whole process is very messy, and progress is unclear. Not to mention much less valued by our society than sitting at a computer all day - you don't make money raising kids (other than if your company is paying you on maternity leave, but I think that's more about paying you so that you come back to work!)

I am so so thankful that I have this time to spend with my baby, and I will treasure these weeks always. But day to day, hour to hour? It's kind of boring. Especially when the baby will only sleep while held. I have done a fair amount of reading, but it's not particularly relaxing when a baby is squirming on your chest, threatening to scream at any moment. 

At least the rolls on his thigh indicate that I'm feeding him well!

This is just my perspective and others may disagree, and maybe even get angry upon reading this. Sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment