Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Daily walks



Since coming home from the hospital, I've been pretty diligent about getting a solo walk in every day. During my first maternity leave, I walked a lot with the stroller. But this time a) we are working on getting the baby used to sleeping in a non-moving bassinet; and b) I am prioritizing non-kid time out of the house, even just for 30 minutes a day.

I'm a creature of habit when it comes to runs and walks, and I've been doing the same 1.5-mile route through a beautiful and quaint neighborhood where we will not be able to afford a home any time in the foreseeable future. And that's OK - I love that I get to enjoy walking through it every day without paying the price. I almost always listen to podcasts, though I sometimes force myself to turn them off and just be alone with my thoughts - something I've been working on especially in the last few months.

I am thankful that I have the ability to take this time to myself while my husband stays with one or both kids, depending on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment